£25000 – £35000/annum (Excellent flexible benefits package)
London Gatwick Airport, UK
AeroProfessional are seeking an experienced transactional HR specialist to join our dynamic team in supporting our high-volume employee base at Gatwick Airport.
This role will put you at the heart of our business working closely with our Airline client at their thriving new base in LGW and provides the opportunity to be at the front line in daily contact with our cabin crew community. Reporting directly to the Base HR Manager you will assist with the running of the base and support of the Base Chief Cabin Crew. Specifically, you will be responsible for the welfare, discipline and motivation of our cabin crew. You will also help to promote policy and standards through personal contact with the crew whilst helping to maintain a positive working relationship with our client.
This new role will be a highly responsible and challenging position and the following criteria must be met:
- The ability to demonstrate supervisory expertise
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills
- The ability to prioritise effectively
- An adaptable approach to our operation and business environment
- The ability to take ownership of all situations
- A strong degree of initiative and resourcefulness and the ability to think laterally
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to motivate others to achieve this
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Assisting with the recruitment and on-boarding of new crew
- Implementing and maintaining company policy
- Monitoring sickness and conducting back to work interviews
- Monitoring performance to ensure acceptable standards are met
- Ongoing management of crew on a face to face basis
- Attending client/crew meetings where necessary
What skills you’ll need:
- Excellent IT skills – must be a competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Experience in an HR environment responsible for supervising & supporting an employee base essential
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with a good attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and be capable of independent decision making
- Ability to communicate with internal staff at all levels, both written and verbal
- Approachable, engaging and empathetic while also commercially focused
Previous experience in a human resources environment is essential (preferably in aviation or an industry dealing with a shift pattern based workforce) together with a proven ability to engage with and supervise a large team of people.
This position is full time with flexibility for occasional weekend support/cover.
If you’ve liked what you’ve seen and are more determined than ever to join us, please attach your CV and covering letter when submitting your application below.
We look forward to hearing from you.
All candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.